A Glasgow nightclub has installed a two-way mirror which allows male revellers in private booths to spy on unsuspecting women as they visit the toilet! With no notification or signage anywhere in the venue many female club goers have been left feeling embarrassed and used. Although they do briefly show the mirrors in a promo video, the club has been quickly deleting comments and posts on their social media from club goers trying to alert others to the situation. This is pretty much illegal and hugley violates privacy. Thank you The Shimmy Club for giving us a shiny, new, creative and cool take on objectification.
i’m never leaving my house again, this world is just too fucked up.
gross gross gross gross gross
Good morning disgusting.
- “No space, leave the place” (fingernail test)
- A two way mirror must be set INTO the wall, not placed on top of it.
- If you rap/knock against the mirror, one installed onto a wall (a normal mirror) will make a dull sound, because there’s something behind it. A two-way will have more reverberation.
- Use the flashlight on your phone to shine on the mirror, if it’s a two-way, you’ll be able to see into the other room.
- You can also shield your eyes and see in if you lean up against the glass.
- The room being viewed will have to be brightly lit (10x brighter than the room looking in), so if you’re in a typical dimly lit club bathroom, you’re ok.
boosting the fuck out of this
also this is their not even apology. idk what to call it.
how fucking gross
Japan > Everywhere else
This is Japan in a nutshell. Forget all the crazy stuff with the weird tv programs and the cosplaying—that’s just the outer shell that gets attention because it’s unusual. This, this is the beauty of the country. I’ve had little grandmothers chase me down because I dropped my shinkansen tickets. In amusement parks, the attendants do their upmost to get lost items (usually cardigans or kids’ shoes) back to the owners—before the owners even realize they’d lost said item(s). I’ve had complete strangers not only give my thorough directions but have offered to drive me to the place I needed to go.
It is so, so, so hard to go back to the States after you get the J-treatment. I mean, Japan has its downside (“What is this madness you call pizza???”), but the general attitudes of everyone—even the so-called hardcore yankees (two of whom who, on a blazing summer day, helped me find one of my schools when I was heinously lost in the labyrinth that is the neighborhood in which said school is located)—is the epitome of the mindset that I wish everyone would adopt. Because yelling at people gets you nowhere. And being able to empathize with people kinda helps make this country a really nice place to live in.
Reblogging again for THIS ↑↑↑↑
THIS IS THE MOST ACCURATE POST I’VE SEEN ON TUMBLR
I now want to visit Japan even more.
I always heard though that they treat anyone outside their race like shit though.
^ No? If they seem scared or ask questions it’s because they’ve never seen someone of that race probably. It’s more ignorance(lack of knowledge of a race OR the Japanese stereotype of a race) than it is “treating someone like shit”
Also there’s always bad people in any country so maybe you’ve only heard the stories about the bad people.
Aw thats really cute then and makes a lot more sense then people being treated improperly.
hi guys^^ i will be hosting a weekly matchwigs giveaway where prizes include any wigs below $30 (which is 80% of the wigs there tbh) this giveaway will be different from most giveaways because it will be hosted literally every week so you guys have a really high chance of winning a free wig lolkeep in mind that because this is a weekly giveaway, the deadline is in 7 days whereas most giveaways last for months, so these will be done and over with really quickly so id join before the time is upprizes:rules:
- reblog only once (from past experiences if u reblog more then once notes start disappearing and id rather not screencap every single note again)
- likes dont count
- no giveaway blogs
- must be following me (since this is for my followers)
- giveaway will start may 20
- end may 27